When Caesar was offered the crown for the third time, and refused it, according to Casca, the crowd "...uttered such a deal of stinking breath..." which caused Caesar to swoon. This supports Cassius's option that Caesar is a weak man, not a god like the people say. Caesar being offered the crown, and then him falling, foreshadows what is to come later in the play; he is offered a crown, then he falls to the ground in a seizure, the people make him dictator for life, then he gets assassinated.
Cassius says that Caesar does not have the "falling sickness" but they (Cassius, Brutus, and Casca) do.
I, like Casca, "...know not what you mean by that..."
Nice and comprehensive! Acurate comparisons top it off nicely. Even though you "...know not what you mean by that...", I think you could have at least taken a stab at it. Flows nicely!
ReplyDelete-McKinley :D
I like how you answered the last question lol.
ReplyDeleteGood use of quotes. I like how you answered the last question also.
ReplyDeleteVery well done and ditto to the comments before mine.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way with all the other comments. Very neat how you answered the last question. :) Allison
ReplyDeleteI like you you incorporated the foreshadowing of the future... Turns out, Shakespeare is not only full of irony, it is full of foreshadowing. Good job... and I had more words than you again!!! hehehe!
ReplyDelete