Hamlet's purpose for the performance of the play was twofold.
For one, he used it to prove that the ghost was telling the truth. Also to threaten his uncle, for in the play "The Murder of Gonzalo", it was the nephew who killed the king, not the brother, and in real life, Hamlet is the nephew of Claudius.
During the play scene, Hamlet's treatment of Ophelia was much kinder than in the previous scene.
In the scene previous, he had spurned her saying that there shall be no more marriage. But during the play scene, he asked to lie in her lap and spoke most cordially to her.
Straight to the point, very good.
ReplyDeletesaying Hamlet was "kinder" might be a strech it was more like creepier, but I get your point.
ReplyDeleteyou did good
ReplyDeleteE;-)
I agree with jake. I really liked how everything read.
ReplyDeletevery nice job:) on both of your post. Allison
ReplyDelete