Friday, November 16, 2012

Week XII: The Tennant Hamlet

I watched the David Tennant Hamlet because I love David Tennant, he is, and always shall be, the Doctor. It was directed by Chris Seager, and was produced by John Wyver and Sebastian Grant. David Tennant (duh) and Patrick Stewart starred. Its setting was very strange for Hamlet, being in the 20th century Denmark. The palace was very dark and gloomy, and seemed like three quarters of the movie was in one room. The camera work was strange, consisting of anything from strange overhead, black and white security camera shots, to dramatic first person.
This version has been my favorite, and here is why.
Tennant plays the best Hamlet. His emotion appears real and his madness genuine. His exchanges with Polonius are priceless. It is also my opinion that this version had best Polonius. You should know that Polonius, besides Hamlet, is my favorite character; I'm actually a bit sad when he dies. He has the best senior moment in the scene where he is giving instructions to his spy Reynaldo, "What was I about to say?".
        
           

3 comments:

  1. i agree with u like 100% and ya i luv the duh!!!lol
    E;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nate, You have always had great things to say. You add a lot of great reasons and details to back yourself up. I am confused in your entry of what your opinion is, you might want to state it earlier in your entry.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete