Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Week VII: Brutus's "Favor"
After killing Caesar, Brutus says that he did Caesar a favor by shortening his life for, as Cassius said, a man who cuts off twenty years of life also cuts off as meany years of fearing death. But back in Act II, Scene 2, Caesar says that he thinks it strange that men should fear death, being that it is the necessary end of all things. What Caesar is saying here is that he does not fear death. Therefore Brutus's "favor" is more of a curse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am confused, ware is the quote.
ReplyDeletethat was Ben.
ReplyDeleteI liked the conclusion,it was nice and dramatic.
ReplyDeleteNate, I liked your specific examples, you seem to really know what it going on in the play! I don't understand why you think Brutus's favor is a curse, is it because by him saying that, he is cutting off Caesar's life? I would also like to see a quote.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mom
Thank you, I will explain things better next time.
DeleteNS
It looks like there are quotes they just arn't in quotation marks. in the last sentence some of the words could have been changed so that it woul fit better.
ReplyDeleteGood work i agree with Jake really liked your conclusion:) Allison
ReplyDeleteEveryone, I forgot the quotation marks!
ReplyDeleteNS