Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Week VII: Posh! Caesar is a god!

Near the very beginning of Act III, Scene 1, Artemidorus asked Caesar to read his petition first before Decius's letter. He reasoned that his letter was of greater importance because it "...touches Caesar nearer."
To Caesar on the other hand, things pertaining to himself were of less importance because, as we all know, Caesar is invincible! This fits very well with what we have already seen of Caesar's character, the way he views himself as a god, and just a little later, as unmovable as the northern star.

6 comments:

  1. useing both points of view was incredibly effective. Now you just need one more sentince to close the paper. Like,"Right before he was stabed to death, showing how changeble he realy is."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will try to implement that into my next post.
      Thanks for the input!

      NS

      Delete
  2. Good quote! and good points! I am wondering if unmovable as the northern star is a quote?
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was,I was paraphrasing.
      Thanks for the input!

      NS

      Delete